The most popular method of fundraising is the take home drive. Each family or participant takes home a carry bag/box of your chosen products. They then sell the items in the carry bag/box and return the money to the coordinator.
These tips and checklist are designed to help your drive run smoothly and maximise your profits. Your Guide to Healthy and Profitable Fundraising is also packed with helpful information and advice.
Receiving your order
- All items received in good condition, nothing missing or damaged (contact Living Fundraisers ASAP if your order arrives damaged or incomplete).
- Give the invoice to the person who will pay the bill and ensure they are aware of the due date.
- If you have ordered more than 10 carry bags/boxes, keep the cartons your product arrived in, in case you have returns to send back at the end of your drive.
If you haven’t done so already
- Let people involved in the drive know it is coming up and what they need to do.
- Safe place for money storage and banking organised
- Distribution time, method & helpers organised
- Instruction note to go home with carry bags/boxes printed and ready to go
- Check out our Downloads page for loads of templates
Tips on how to run your Take Home drive
- Each carry bag/box comes equipped with your chosen products, a product information sheet, money envelope and credit card slip. We will also send you some posters to promote your drive. HINT: Improve the success of your fundraiser by promoting it to your wider community. Approach local businesses to display flyers and sell items. Contact your local media with details on your group and why it is fundraising.
- We recommend you include a letter in (or stapled to) each carry bag/box informing your participants about the fundraiser. Please see suggested letter to participant template on the downloads page. Replace the [bracketed] sections with your details before printing and distributing with the carry bags/boxes.
- We suggest you send the bags/boxes home with families for 2 weeks (any longer and bags will get lost or forgotten about!) We’ll send you weekly templates to copy and paste to keep your group informed and encouraged throughout the drive. HINT: Make the fundraiser fun by setting weekly targets, eg: create a money ‘thermometer’ that shows how much money has been received each week. Use assemblies, newsletters, group emails, social media and your website to highlight the progress of the drive. You could also provide prizes and incentives for biggest seller, fastest seller, most creative seller, etc.
- When it comes to wrapping up the drive you may receive some returns. To see our returns policy, click here. You may also receive some additional orders. Fulfill what you can out of your returns and whatever else is required can be placed as a top up order – we will simply send you an additional invoice for the items you need. Just make sure you place the order before your original invoice due date to receive free delivery.
- To process any credit card slips you may receive, click here.
- Once your additional orders are placed and any returns authorised, payment can be made to Living Fundraisers. Details are on your invoice.
- At the end of your drive thank your participants and share your results.
- Check out our Downloads page for loads of templates.