Our products work well at a range of events including markets, fetes/fairs, BBQs and more. They make wonderful gifts for people of all ages, all over Australia. They can also be sold at shopping centres and community events or be purchased to give as donations or corporate gifts. If this is your first stall/event fundraiser, we recommend ordering conservatively and adding order forms, or utilising your free customised webshop.
These tips and checklist are designed to help your event run smoothly and maximise your profits. Your Guide to Healthy and Profitable Fundraising is also packed with helpful information and advice.
Receiving your order
- Ensure there is adequate and secure storage space at the delivery location. Living Fundraisers’ kits usually come packed 5 to a carton, so divide your number of kits (carry bags/boxes) by 5 to work out the number of boxes that will arrive.
- All items received in good condition, nothing missing or damaged (contact Living Fundraisers ASAP if your order arrives damaged or incomplete).
- Give the invoice to the person who will pay the bill and ensure they are aware of the due date.
- If you have ordered more than 10 carry bags/boxes, keep the cartons your product arrived in, in case you have returns to send back at the end of your drive.
If you haven’t done so already
- Organise and book the event or space. Make sure you have a good position in a high traffic area. Check if you will have access to secure storage space for storing extra stock and materials.
- Ask the organisers if there are any other stalls/displays that will be selling similar products to the ones you are planning to sell. Eg: if you are planning to sell herbs, veggies, fruit or flowers, check if there will be a plant stand or anyone else selling plants at the event. If there are, ask to be positioned away from the similar product/s.
- Organise a back-up plan for distributing and selling leftover items. Consider what will happen if the event is cancelled or weather affects sales—can you sell items another way?
Designing your display
- Make it clear you are fundraising and what/who you are fundraising for. Colourful signs and banners will attract attention and engage people with your group.
- If you are selling Herbs, Veggies, Fruit or Flowers, have some photos or display items showing them grown. You can use your Fundraising Guide or the flyers in each carry bag for this purpose.
Tips on how to run your Stall/Event
At the event
- Make sure there is someone at the stand/display at all times.
- Keep cash in a locked box and in sight.
Checklist for your event
- Sticky tape/blue tack
- Cash box & float
- Trolley to carry boxes
- Signs/banners about your organisation
- Photos or display versions of product/s
- Table/s & chairs (if not supplied)
- Table cloth/s & stands to prop up display items
At the end of your stall you may have some left overs. To see if you qualify for returns, please refer to our returns policy. You may also receive some additional orders for items you sold out of. Simply let us know the extra items you need and we will send you another invoice. Just make sure you place the order before your original invoice due date to receive free delivery.
Once your additional orders are placed and any returns authorised, payment can be made to Living Fundraisers. Details are on your invoice.
At the end of your drive thank your participants and share your results.