Capsicum stuffed with couscous, dried tomatoes, feta, olives and basil
- 8 capsicums (hint: have children each stuff a different colour so they know which one is theirs)
- 2 cups cooked cous cous
- 4-5 dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 chopped spring onions or 1 diced shallot
- A few torn basil leaves
- 200g fetta cheese, cubed
- Other options: olives, pine nuts, corn, beans, chic peas
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sauté spring onions and garlic in the oil until translucent. Add the tomatoes, then the cous cous, feta, olives and basil. Cook for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Cut the capsicums in half lengthways and remove seeds and vein.
- Stuff the capsicums with the couscous and vegetable mixture
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes and serve with salad or vegies.
Try something different
For alternatives, you can stuff the capsicum with other seasonal vegetables or cooked rice instead of couscous.