Kids love making their own pizza! This is the perfect snack, lunch or dinner during the school holidays, especially when they have friends over.
Have a variety of ingredients for them to experiment with. Favourites include corn, basil pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, capsicum and sliced meats. It only takes about 15 minutes and is a great activity to get children involved in cooking.
- 1 pita bread per person (wholemeal tastes the same for a healthier option)
- Tomato paste
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomatoes, (small or large)
- Heat the oven to 200°C
- Spread the tomato paste over the pita bread
- Add tomatoes and basil
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top
- Cook until crisp and brown